Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tomato lettuce salad

This salad only need two ingredient:tomato & lettuce



I am using those normal tomatoes, no particular type of tomatoes, just the normal one which can be purchased in any grocery shop!
Tomatoes are really good for us!
It is rich in antioxidant & lycopene which help in flight cancerous cell
Believe it or not, it improves eye sight & skin texture , decreases chances of getting diabetes & heart attack! 
PLUS, it can make u full faster and less calories!
This means LOSE WEIGHT!
Tomatoes are one of the heartiest fruit and veggies in the world. 
I still not sure tomatoes are consider as fruits or veggies!
Some claimed that it is not green, so said tomatoes are fruit!
Oh ya, remember in the last post, I mentioned that the only veggies I take is onion?
Actually I like tomatoes too! 

Next, lettuce! In this salad I m using mesclun lettuce
I think lettuce one of the veggies that can be eaten raw, without cooking!
As u know the place I rented doesn't permit me to food, so, no choice, I choose lettuce!
I bought this lettuce at JUSCO Sunway pyramid , it is organic! 
I bet JUSCO is the only place that sell a variety of organic food near ss15

Lettuce is very rich in vitamin A & K! 
Vitamin K improve bone metabolism and hence increase bone mass! Which is what I really need! 
FYI, my mum has osteoporosis, so I have a high chance to get it too plus I broke my leg when I was young!
Actually, the fairer sex should really take as many vitamin K as possible before age of 25! 
After 25,our bone mass will start decreasing! 
High minerals like potassium, calcium, iron .......  Potassium can increase body metabolism!
Most important, again, LOW calories! 
100 g of lettuce only have 100 calories!
So, why not!

Basically, lettuce is different from tomatoes, it is a bit tasteless! 
And that's why dressing comes it!
I used the same dressing as before which is KEWPIE ROASTED SESAME!
I only have two dressing, this one and other one is cheese mayonnaise 

As I mentioned, I prepared all these salads during the weekends!
So, as days pass, tomatoes which are juicy will have some juice mix which the dressing!
But, believe me, it taste better! Because it makes the dressing taste sweeter! 
This will NOT contribute to EXTRA CALORIES! 
It is natural sweeter, healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment