Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dressing part 1

Remember I talk about salad dressing?
Salad dressing is an important element in making salad
Especially to those who want to LOSE WEIGHT!
salad dressing that i used! =) KEWPIE

Usually, fruits and veggies don't contribute much on CALORIES
If u check, maybe in a salad the CALORIES of fruits and veggies only around 80-100
This is considered if u have big portion of salad
So where doesn't the calories come from?
You are RIGHT! It is from the dressing!

Dressing is important because usually veggies is sort of tasteless
Maybe u can stand to have salad without dressing from a few times, but not for long run!
Hence, choosing a suitable dressing is very very crucial !

Actually u can make your own dressing! But is kind of troublesome, especially for college students like me
Plus, I m not allowed to cook, even my landlady has all the kitchen equipment !
So, to make things easy, just go to the nearest supermarkets to purchase one!
There is a range of dressing for you to choose, from creamy to watery!

Let me recommend a few for you!

If u really want a healthy diet, virgin olive oil will be a great choice for you!
There is also organic olive oil in the supermarket, but a bit costly!

Honey is suitable for those who have a sweet tooth and want to be health!

For paste lover, I believe you would prefer mayonnaise!
Now in the market, there even have different flavor or mayonnaise!
For instance, cheese mayo, black pepper mayo, mushroom mayo..... U can name them!
I bought a cheese mayo!
The brand I bought is KEWPIE! It is from JAPAN!
You can actually search the recipe for this online and do it your own!


KEWPIE CHEESE MAYO 


Let me talk a little about what special of this dressing!
It not only can act as a dressing but also a spread!
It tastes good when it is spread on the whole meal bread!
I also tried on tuna, it is really cheesy!
Generally, it tastes a bit like KFC cheesy wedge's cheese sauce!
The only difference is for this brand, I think they must some mustard in it, taste a bit spicy!
But, I <3 it!
However, mayonnaise tastes and it is quite fattening!
The calories are quite high!
For example, I usually pour a tablespoon of this dressing into my salad, which is about 70 calories!
If you put 2 tablespoons, it will be around 140 calories, plus your veggies, total around 240 calories! 
Hmm, it is still ok actually!
But if you are on a 500 Cal diet, don't use so much dressing!

Let's continue next time!
I m a bit tired now!
Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment