Thursday, December 5, 2013

Attitude counts!

I could help but agree no more
In this world, everything have 2 sides : good or bad
It is mainly depends on how you see the incident
Some see it as an opportunity, whereas others view it as a disaster
You can chose to see the bright side or the "dark" side
Depends on your mind
But you can control your mind
a lot of things, good or bad is depends on individuals

Photo credit: Andrew ong
Photo took with yu Xuan at tgv cinema bukit Indah during hunger game catching fire!


i read an article on a chinese newspaper
it is about 2 guy who come from the same village
both of them met each other on a train, one bought the ticket to shanghai another  to beijing
to make things easier lets use "A" to represent the person who purchased the ticket to beijing
and "B" for the man who buy the ticket to shanghai
"A" claimed that shanghai is too expensive, everything there needed money, even asking for dirextion needed money
hence, "A" wanted to go beijing & he offered to exchange the ticket with "B"
On the other hand, "B" thought that going to Shanghai is a better choice as even asking for direction can get a pay, there is lots of job opportunities there and he could get a job easily
5 years later, "A" & "B" met up and "B" who went to Shanghai has become a successful businessman
"A" remain the same, still working for others in beijing
see, same situation, different thinking produces different results!!

i also have a testimony to share on this matter
let me share a bit of my story
i am a typical malaysia student who sat spm last year and now i just finished my south australia matriculation (SAM) in Taylors college subang jaya
FYI, for spm, is basically testing of knowledge and you can actually score well with just memorizing the textbook, not so much on the application
Yet for SAM it is opposite, it is more on the application rather than knowledge
In other words, I think to 100% understand what it is going on and need to think more
At a certain point, I was sort of depressed, i went for counselling sessions
after a few sessions, i changed how i think on this course (to be honest, i have a thought of changing programme!)
i see SAM as a platform for me to be a better person!
in my past 17 years of education, i have mastered how to memorisei know how to store knowledge in my brain
if i can also master on application means thinking and use my brain more
i will be better than others
see, i think it positively, and the whole thing changes
I worked harder and try my best to achieve what I wanted, understanding rather than memorizing
This is actually very important in my future
Because in the future I will need to apply the knowledge and not memorizing it only

In short, attitude can change a person's life
In other words, positive thinking can help a person to lead a happy life!
So, be positive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment