Saturday, May 24, 2014

GIRT FROM GOD

is this real?
i don't really believe it!
with my shitty results i can enter NUS?
what's going on?
this is a gift from GOD?



let's recap what happened when i apply.....
my family always wanted me to go NUS/NTU
firstly, because they are prestigious university
secondly, near to home
thridly, cheaper (compare to Australia)
when i was young i don't mind going
yet, as i grow i notice that they are not easy to enter
even my damn smart seniors with CAL 3 A* cannot enter
and i m so scared!
so i decided to aim other universities
i wanted to go study overseas because i want to experience the culture difference
i wanted to go UK and US, actually just out of Asia will do
at the end, my parents said the furthest they allow me to go in Australia
that's the main reason why i m in melbourne university now!

with my SACE board Australia year 12 results, i don't think i m able to enter NUS/NTU
especially i am doing engineering
NTU even need me to take entrance test
i am a bit lazy and reluctant to apply
what if i don't even qualified to take the test? it is should of embarrass!

at that time, i already accept the offer from University of Melbourne
yet, my dad insisted me to have a try on Singapore universities
i missed the NTU deadline
so, i am been semi-forced to apply NUS
i log in the system a few times and cannot really apply, i almost gave up

as i mentioned, i am reluctant to apply
so i just simply fill the form, even the choice of course!
guess how i fill my course options?
you will never believe it!
i just went to QS subjects ranking of NUS then choose the highest ranking of engineering
i remember i put chemical engineering as my first choice then is electrical engineering then i FORGET!
choose chemical because i checked it ranks the highest plus i love chemical more than physics!
to me higher ranking = i won't get it
so happily i apply it and even send my document in the airport before i left to melbourne
to be frank, i don't even bother to check the module of NUS
i don't even know what bell-curve and need to take 5 module (in melbourne we called it subjects) in a year
the only thing i know is, i won't get in so no worries

now, i got an offer! an offer from NUS and it is CHEMICAL ENGINEERING!!
OMG! based on my ATAR, it is impossible!
is that a give from GOD for my birthday?
seriously, GOD can you tell me what to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment