Saturday, November 29, 2014

Malaysia. Malaysian?

When MH 370 happened, I am still proud to stay that I am a Malaysian, then MH 17 I still being around to be a Malaysian

Born in Malaysia and lived there ever since I wa born. I really love Malaysia. Everyone is so good. Staying in a multiracial society, I visit my Muslim nieighbour during hari raya and go to my Hindu friends' house for deepavali. My best friend during secondary was the Indian girl sitting beside me for 3 years. Everything in Malaysia is so good and it is indeed the best place to be in the world except the Politics.

I came Singapore for my degree end of this July. Whenever I tell a person that I am from Malaysia, they will ask me do I feel discriminated being a Chinese in Malaysia as there is too many unfairness. I always replied, NOPE because I don't feel I am discriminated but only the BUMI HAVE SPECIAL RIGHTS!


Yup, special rights. There are Bumiputera lots which is lower cost for housing, more government substidation, higher chance to enter government university, special scholarship (MARA), special Education like Boarding Schools ans special Programs and etc.

No doubt, all these special rights are stated in the constitution, there is nothing to can be change. Since young, I know Bumis have special rights so I don't really feel anything. I don't feel discriminated not isolated. However, I don't see myself as a MINORITY as well as I know that Malaysia is belongs  to all Malaysian! We own our country, Malaysia!  We are Malaysian!

I am so sad that whenever I was told I, as a Malaysia Chinese, am just a foregeiner (in Malay : Pendatang) and this land belongs to the Malays. I am holding a Malaysia passport, isn't Malaysia my country, my land? Isn't it as stated in the national song "negaraku, tanah tumpah darahku" ?

Right for their rights? In my opinion, Bumiputera already have their special rights, isn't it? What are these politics parties trying to do? Building a better Malaysia or creating trouble? It is benefiting the peeople or just for their own sakes? They are not trying to get us together instead separating us! Should these so called religion/race based politics parties protects our rights by creating a peceful country?

What is ONE MALAYSIA when we are separated by our race, religion and skin colour! Is 1 Malaysia only a slogan to attract foreign investment? Is these so called goverment party trying to separate us? Why they want to do so? Isn't all of us Malaysian?

No comments:

Post a Comment